Friday, July 30, 2010

Best day ever!

Today I got three totally amazing books that I felt I had to share with you.

First is a biography like thing on Igor Kenk. Poetic and sad, it weaves a tale of communism, eco-awarness and hoarding together seamlessly coupled with beautifully different artwork.

For those who don't know Igor Kenk was the most hated man in Toronto a while ago. He was charged with stealing 2,865 bikes that he kept at various warehouses around the city. He owned a well known bike repair store and was thought of as an oddball but a nice guy. It makes for a very interesting read

I also got the second book, first novel by Shaunessy Bishop-Stall called Ghosted I am very excited to start this new book. His first book was Down To This. I'm sad to say I could only read it once but it is because I cried. It isn't very often a book can move me to visible emotions, and for one to move me so on several occasions only speaks to it vivid and exquisiteness . I cannot do it justice so I can only urge to read it for yourself.

The third book I got is a tome. Its a very comprehensive look at pin-up girls through the ages and the artists that drew them. I love it. I haven't been able to read it all, but its more of a reference book than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment