Thursday, October 7, 2010

martha stewart I am not!

In my family I am not known for my wonderful wrapping skills. My grandmother always gives presents in gift bags and always wonders why I don't do the same. This is the reason.

Every time I buy a present for someone I look for gift bags then I look at the pretty wrapping paper and I think I CAN WRAP THIS! I will Martha Stewart the crap out of this!! I will prove my brilliance and then my family will no longer mock me!

About 15 minutes later I realize I cannot Martha Stewart the crap out of it, I can't even wrap it.... my wonderful present ends up in a mess of wrapping paper and tape. After this I decide I will cover it in ribbons, disguise the mess and still end up with a great present! This does not work, neither does the stickers I put on. So instead of a present worthy of the pages of magazines I end up with a mitigated disaster of paper, stickers and ribbons and me sitting in the middle of the room crying into my magazines "WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE THIS?"

One Christmas I thought it would be a wonderful idea to be a professional gift wrapper in a mall, to which my father did not share my enthusiasm. To prove his point he brought home a small box and asked me to wrap it... I changed my Christmas career choice to Santa's little helper...

No comments:

Post a Comment