Wednesday, April 20, 2011

when a photogrpaher asks you...

A woman came in last week lets call her Mrs. Jane, so Mrs. Jane comes in with a photo of her infant son says "I want this photo duplicated for my infant daughter" I replied with "We will do our best but it might not work." When duplicating a photo it is always a hit and miss thing. Mrs. Jane comes in and I tell her the pose might not be perfect since the previous photographers used an incline and I am only able to use rectangular blocks. She responds very snarkily with "Well when I came in to book this appointment the woman said it was no problem and they could do it for sure" I hate when people miss quote me to me. I remembered her, why couldn't she remember me? I am not that generic. I feel kind of bad I snapped a little and said "No I didn't. You dealt with me. I remember booking your appointment I said we would try." Stubborn to the end she said "Well try isn't good enough I was promised the same picture by that woman." Her loving husband pulled her down and said in a loud-ish whisper "Sweetie that is the woman you dealt with"
we continued to the session and we managed to build the incline, looked pretty good too, and she began to undress her baby. Which I have no problem with at all, but I always ask then when the baby isn't wearing a diaper you place the "pee pads" under them so if/ when they pee it doesnt get all over everything, plus its way more sanitary. So I gave them to her and explained all this. A normal person would go okay thanks. or wont it show? no? okay thanks. Not her, oh no, it was "we didn't do this with my son" "it will show!" " MY baby wont pee" when I thought I had convinced her she placed the baby down and I took a few shots. I went to change the pose, had her remove the baby picked up the black blanket and it was soaking wet!! Turned around to see her unscrunching the pee pads out of her fists!! I couldn't believe it! She expected me to clean up after her baby's pee. I said "your baby just ruined 4 blankets with her pee. you didn't put the pads down and she peed. Now my hands are covered in her urine." She replied with. "oh." That's its. No "omigoshimsosorry" no "sorry" even. Maybe is she had said sorry I would have let her stay since she did not I asked her to leave. She called my boss, who happens to be a bigger germaphobe than me and got told the same thing.

Moral: Of the story, if your photographer asks you to do something do it.

p.s. she also argued that she should have to stay beside her baby, while her baby is on a 45 degree incline. She refused to stay by in case her baby fell off (which it almost did) until her husband said "OH MY GOSH THE BABY"S FALLING OFF!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Some people should not breed. lmao. the baby's falling off.

    ReplyDelete