Monday, March 14, 2011

Mars needs moms.

I was never interested in seeing this movie but after reading a few reviews I almost am.
In the way liberals watch conservatives, with a twisted sense of awe that someone could really be that stupid.

From the reviews I have read this is the movies big message: woman can't have jobs because as soon as they have some form of power they stop being able to be mothers. Women can't get jobs because as soon as they do men become useless and of course everyone needs two parents, a mother AND a father to be loved.

There are so many problems with these messages. People may think well whatever, its a kids movie but that's my point. It's a kids movie, children can't filter these messages and file them away under "bullshit" they take them as truths.

I find as I actually start paying attention to children television that the messages that are being taught are outdated and wrong. Even shows that you would think were fine, such as mickey mouse playhouse. It's mickey mouse he teaches you colors and counting and when you're being bullied to do nothing. Do you remember Pete? When I was a kid he was a jack-ass, that was all but as an adult he's a bully. I don't know if he was always this bad or if throughout the years he's grown into this role. The fact is he is one and Mickey just bows to his will, there's no telling adults, there's just giving in and letting him get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment