Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So I was bloghopping and I came across this thing called a thirty day letter challenge. It is where for thirty days you write a letter to someone.... Day number 20 caught my attention "Write a letter to the person who broke your heart the most" I don't plan on doing the whole challenge, but I thought I might try this one.


Dear Me:

You open up too much. You let people who aren't trust worthy in too far, too often. When will you learn?

The people that were supposed to love you didn't, but you believed they had changed every time they came to you crying bringing false promises and boxes of empty hope. You knew all this at the time yet you let them back in anyway. Cared for them and let them cry on your shoulder and when the time came for them to be angry always taking the timeto make yourself the tagret of their anger to save others the pain. Why must you always think you need to carry the burden yourself? Why must you pretend you are infallible when in fact you are as easily penetrated as jell-o?

You have broken my heart the most by filling my soul with hope that people change and can live up to your lofty expectations, but I forgive you. I have to. Those expectations you place on others most heavily are placed on you as well.

Love you always,

Lima Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment