Monday, March 1, 2010

Quick Rant.
Unlike many a geek in this world I have not enriched the world in any way.
Nor am I on my way to enriching it. In fact many these past months have been filled with unemployment. With scattered bits of trying. But finally dear readers, I got a job! It was hardly anything ground breaking, but it was empoyment! I was a lowly waitress in a small greaasy spoon, oh, but it was what I was made to do! Or so I thought. The manager, decided that for what ever reason I did not fit into the dynamic of the resteraunt. And there is nothing bad about it, well there is, but I harbour no ill will for that, it happens What I do find my self angry about is that he didnt bother to tell me. No, I called and he said "Er, I'll call you back."three days, no phone call so I called. To get "you're not on the scheduale" *click* leaving me to stare at
the phone dumbfounded.alright, so I have once again found myself in the unemployment statisics. On top of this unsettling factor for a great many months I have been watching my life slowly flow away. I am not an old biddy nor am I married or with children. Yet, I have no life. Normally geeks have no life, or so is the stereo type. Not so, their life may invove a screen but it is still there. I dont even have that. My friends have exciting lives, and a few even have exciting blogs.They are striving towards a better world. I a left behin in the dust.
The have been quite helpful, they have allowed me to talk aboout the most exciting things in my life (scrapboking, video games.) with feign intrest. And even my other half has produced this life, he has plans, and things to do. have covered myself in a mountain of pictures and scrap paper. I have left an exciting place where sitting in the park wonderful things happened to here. Where is here? Here is fort mcmurray. Here is an oil town, where nothing happens and it exists in a small detached bubble

2 comments:

  1. That manager has serious issues and likely hasn't the faintest clue about what the word "professionalism" entails.

    Now when will you be having wild adventures with us back in Toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No for a while. Though I have to come back before september. I have my course deadline in the beginning of then.

    ReplyDelete